October 1, 2020Have an account? Sign in.
Robert Half Finance is searching for an efficient Staff Accountant to join their growing team on a full-time basis. The Staff Accountant will prepare journal entries, monthly and year-end closings, bank reconciliation, fixed asset maintenance and general ledger reconciliation. During the monthly close, various aspects of internal reporting will be under your responsibility. You will assist in developing and implementing accounting policies. In addition, you will take part in compliance, interact with our external auditors for quarterly reviews and annual audits, and look over schedules for the reporting processes. This intricate position is involved in the production of Financial Statements, Cash Flow projections, and Budgets. Located in the Miami, Florida area (currently remote, office to open later), this position is a challenging, multi-faceted opportunity to work for a company that recognizes and rewards hard work.
Your responsibilities in this role
- Handle intercompany transactions, billings, and reconciliation
- Manage schedules for monthly payments and capital lease
- Ad hoc reporting and performing special projects upon request
- Support the month end, quarter end and year end closing process by preparing monthly financial close workbooks
- Produce analyses for monthly balance sheets and income statements for reporting by management
- Perform month end close, journal entries, with minimum supervision
- In-depth knowledge of reconciling month end balance sheet accounts
- Assemble journal entries and thorough account reconciliations that include, but are not limited to, cash, prepaid expenses, and payroll
- Take part in various department-wide initiatives
- Periodically maintain and reconcile journal entries
- Implement, maintain, and adhere to internal controls and accounting procedures ensuring compliance with GAAP
- Survey and organize various financial data, reporting it in a useful and understandable manner
- Manage reconciliation, depreciation, and fixed asset ledgers
Email resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Microsoft Excel experience
- Strong familiarity with journal entries
- Detailed and have the ability to work independently
- BA/BS or equivalent in Accounting, Finance or Economics
- 1+ years of recent and relevant accounting experience
Robert Half Finance & Accounting matches skilled finance and accounting professionals in the areas of accounting, bookkeeping, finance, audit, taxation and more on a full-time basis. Our personalized approach, innovative matching technology and global network with local market expertise help you find the legal opportunities that match your skills and priorities — fast. By working with us, you have access to challenging opportunities, competitive compensation and benefits, and training to enhance your skill sets.
From philanthropy to environmental stewardship to employee programs, Robert Half is proud to have an active role in the communities in which we live and work. Our company has appeared on FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” list every year since 1998.