In our ‘always on’ world, we believe it’s essential to have a genuine connection with the work you do.
Help us pioneer the future of communications technology! We are looking for extraordinarily hardworking, forward-thinking, and driven people. If you would like to be part of a team dedicated to delivering industry-leading performance through outstanding talent and a culture of innovation and teamwork, this is an opportunity you won’t want to miss!
With a strong foundation in field-proven device and network monitoring, management, and analytic technologies, CommScope’s Service Assurance software product portfolio allows service providers to provide an optimum end user broadband experience with solutions for carrier operations, help desk, and subscriber self-help. Our software engineering team’s mission is to be a highly adaptable product delivery organization that is reliable, efficient, that fosters innovation and emphasizes continuous learning and improvement. The work environment is tailored to software engineers working in an Agile environment.
What to Expect
ServAssure NXT team within CommScope is looking for a Principal Software Engineer to help with the continuous development of their best-in-class solution for monitoring millions of broadband cable networks; it guarantees maximum performance and availability. ServAssure NXT correlates and analyzes DOCSIS traffic and connectivity to create a unique measurement of the customer experience and service quality and availability.
• Designing and developing high-volume, high-performance, high-availability Java applications using proven Java frameworks and technologies to solve market problems within project schedule deadlines
• Contributing to best practices for Java application development
• Developing reusable libraries and APIs for use across the organization.
• Assist in defining the team's technical strategy and advising on product roadmaps and migration plans to achieve strategic goals
• Ensuring quality of the system through comprehensive unit testing and collaborating with quality assurance engineers to enable thorough system testing
Working with product management to clarify requirements and review software design proposals to meet market needs.
Required Qualifications for Consideration
• BS degree in Computer Science, Electrical, Computer, Software Engineering or a similar degree program
• 10+ years of software product development experience in a Linux distributed applications environment.
• Proficient in English Language (written and spoken).
• Highly proficient in Java programming language with in-depth knowledge of common design paradigms in object-oriented programming (OOP) including APIs and data structures.
• Experience with design, development, troubleshooting and performance tuning of large scale distributed applications
• Strong knowledge of network programming, including Sockets, TCP/IP, UDP, SNMP and related networking protocols
• Experience using C++, Spring Framework, Spring Boot, Kafka, Apache Spark, Maven and Database concepts.
• Experience in Infrastructure deployments: Jenkins, Docker, Kubernetes, AWS, and Azure
• Experience with design, development, troubleshooting and performance tuning of large-scale distributed applications
• Experience with end-to-end Software Development Lifecycle (Agile Scrum)
• Experience managing/leading Software Development teams, ability to mentor junior developers
• Experience with Project Management, Process Development, and KPIs Tracking/Reporting
You Will Excite Us if you Have (Desired Experience)
• Experience with Software Systems Architecture Design
• Exposure to Telecom / Cable network management applications and design preferred
• Familiarity with web service and related protocols (ex. REST, JSON, XML)
• Understand database design, experience using NoSQL or SQL databases
Why Join CommScope
It’s not very often you get a chance to connect with something extraordinary.
In this “always-on” world, we believe it’s essential to have a genuine connection with the work you do. Driven by a collective sense of integrity, we are on a quest to ensure our lives, homes, and businesses are empowered by the world’s most advanced networks.
Our dynamic work environment attracts forward-thinking, hardworking, and caring people who strive to build what’s next. We provide our employees with opportunities where they can innovate and build while growing and developing their careers. We grow with change and know the value diversity plays in bringing forth new insights and generating better solutions.
Here, you will find a collaborative culture that encourages authenticity and champions inclusiveness. Come connect to your future.
CommScope is on a quest to deliver connectivity that empowers how we live, work, and learn. Our employees push the boundaries of communications technology that enables game-changing discoveries like 5G, the Internet of Things, and gigabit speeds for everyone, everywhere. With our unmatched expertise in copper, fiber, and wireless infrastructure, our global clients rely on us to outperform today and be ready for the needs of tomorrow.
If you want to grow your career alongside bright, passionate, and caring people who strive to create what's next…..come connect to your future at CommScope.
CommScope is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO), including people with disabilities and veterans. If you are seeking an accommodation for the application or interview process, please contact us to submit your request at email@example.com. You can also learn more about CommScope’s accommodation process and EEO policy at careers.commscope.com/eeo