DescriptionSHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
OcalaHealth encompasses Ocala Regional Medical Center, a 256-bed facility located inthe heart of Ocala, and West Marion Community Hospital, a 174-bed hospitallocated in west Marion County, Summerfield ER, a freestanding emergencydepartment located in southern Marion County, and Maricamp ER, a freestandingemergency department located on Maricamp Road in Ocala. Ocala Regional MedicalCenter is a Level II Trauma Center and a Comprehensive Stroke Center. Thehospitals offer a host of other quality and award winning services includingorthopedic care and joint replacement, robotic surgery, cardiac and vascularservices including open heart surgery and interventional procedures, emergency,neurological and rehabilitation services, and bariatric surgery. Ocala Healthhas the only Commission on Cancer approved cancer center in Marion County.Ocala Health’s outpatient facilities include Family Care Specialists, a primarycare network of six locations throughout Marion County; Advanced ImagingCenters; a freestanding Wound and Hyperbaric Center; a Senior WellnessCommunity Center; and three surgical and physician specialty practices.
The Unit Secretary acts as the primary clerical resource for the unit. Position duties and responsibilities include:
• Performs a range of clerical duties that support the operations of the unit.
• Acts as unit receptionist greeting and directing visitors.
• Assists in the ordering, receipt and storage of supplies.
• Assembles patient charts.
• Answers unit telephone, transferring calls, determining when staff members should be paged and taking and forwarding messages.
• Serves as an important link in the communication chain ensuring information is transmitted between nursing personnel, other hospital personnel, physicians, patients, family members and other guests.
• Assists in entering patient information in Meditech computer system.
• Maintains nursing station in neat and orderly manner.
• Completes special projects for unit director, supervisors and charge nurses.
• Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
• Orients and mentors new staff members.
Paid Time Off
Medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability benefits
Employee discount program
Employee stock purchase program
Required Qualifications include:
• Minimum of a High school degree or equivalent required.
• Previous clerical experience.
• Previous experience as a Unit Secretary in a hospital setting preferred.
• Strong customer service skills required.
• Familiarity with medical terminology.
• Computer literacy is preferred.
• Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching and some lifting.
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.