All over the world, people's lives are better because of Oracle. Want to make a difference? Join our company of change-makers.
From Oracle to culinary school and back again. Bonnie Carlson Kaypaghian uses the skills she learned to create recipes for her daughter’s Type 1 Diabetes and has written a cookbook to share with the world. #LifeatOracle
Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI) provides the opportunity to build and operate a suite of massive scale, integrated cloud services in a broadly distributed, multi-tenant cloud environment. OCI is committed to providing the best in cloud products that meet the needs of our customers who are tackling some of the world’s biggest challenges.
We offer unique opportunities for smart, hands-on engineers with the expertise and passion to solve difficult problems in distributed highly available services and virtualized infrastructure. At every level, our engineers have a significant technical and business impact designing and building innovative new systems to power our customer’s business critical applications
Oracle’s Cloud Infrastructure Group (OCI) is building a new suite of developer tools that operate at scale in a broadly distributed multi-tenant cloud environment. Our customers run their businesses on our cloud, and our mission is to provide them with best in tools to build, test and manage their services in this environment.
We are looking for a Software Development Engineer with cloud services experience to join our Developer Tools team. In this role, you will define, design, implement and support software solutions to enable client teams to build, test and deploy software to the Oracle Cloud. You will partner with other engineering development teams responsible for architecting, designing and managing systems that support our platform. Ultimately, your work will ensure our developer tools are built to exceed our customers’ expectations on quality, security, performance, and fault tolerance.
As an ideal candidate you will have implemented production java services. In addition, you will have an understanding of Linux/Unix fundamentals and will combine this knowledge with your hands on experience in software development - you will champion creating an engineering environment that embodies the best development and testing practices for delivering a high quality service.
These are exciting times in our space - we are growing fast; we are still at an early stage where an individual can have a significant impact. We are working on ambitious new initiatives. If you are passionate about taking ownership of big technical challenges and producing software solutions that have broad, significant impacts - come join our team!
* BS in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
* 5+ years of delivering and operating large scale, highly distributed systems.
* Excellent coding skills in Java.
* Knowledge of Linux/Unix fundamentals.
* Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms, operating systems, and distributed systems fundamentals.
* Good working knowledge of relational databases (MySQL, Oracle RDMS, etc.)
* Knowledge of scripting languages such as Python, bash, Ruby.
* Experience with build automation, continuous integration, or continuous deployment tools
* Experience with containerization technologies such as docker and lxc.
* Troubleshooting and performance tuning skills.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex information in a clear, concise manner to all audiences.
* Results driven; thrives in a development environment that is agile, collaborative and in start-up mode, even when faced with ambiguity.
As part of Oracle's employment process candidates will be required to complete a pre-employment screening process, after a conditional offer has been extended.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
Job Type:Regular Employee Hire