Dentsply Sirona is the world’s largest manufacturer of professional dental products and technologies, with a 130-year history of innovation and service to the dental industry and patients worldwide. Dentsply Sirona develops, manufactures, and markets a comprehensive solutions offering including dental and oral health products as well as other consumable medical devices under a strong portfolio of world class brands. Dentsply Sirona’s products provide innovative, high-quality and effective solutions to advance patient care and deliver better and safer dentistry. Dentsply Sirona’s global headquarters is located in Charlotte, North Carolina. The company’s shares are listed in the United States on NASDAQ under the symbol XRAY.
Bringing out the best in people
As advanced as dentistry is today, we are dedicated to making it even better. Our people have a passion for innovation and are committed to applying it to improve dental care. We live and breathe high performance, working as one global team, bringing out the best in each other for the benefit of dental patients, and the professionals who serve them. If you want to grow and develop as a part of a team that is shaping an industry, then we’re looking for the best to join us.
Working at Dentsply Sirona you are able to:
Develop faster - with our commitment to the best professional development.
Perform better - as part of a high-performance, empowering culture.
Shape an industry - with a market leader that continues to drive innovation.
Make a difference -by helping improve oral health worldwide.
The Plastics Process Engineer participates in R&D, Operations, and Engineering initiatives. Directly responsible for supporting all current plastics manufacturing processes along with leading new implementations. This position will be working closely with all aspects of the business as cross functional support.
• Externally Sourced Tooling / Equipment Project Management
• Project leader for Intercompany plastics manufacturing
• Project leader for new plastics initiatives.
• Actively participate in the new product development process, including GIP.
• Support new equipment / process implementation.
• Support Design for Assembly analysis.
• Risk Analysis Activities
• Product Validation Activities
• Continuous improvement Activities
• Support tooling maintenance and repair activities
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering discipline is required.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• 3 to 5 years’ experience in plastics / medical device manufacturing environment.
• 3 to 5 years project management experience.
• 3 to 5 years product realization experience.
• Relies on limited experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
• Lean manufacturing and advanced statistical analysis.
• CAD / Drafting Experience. Solidworks
• Computer literacy, knowledge of Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office.
• Understanding of Bill of Material (BOM).
• Capable of creating drawings, manuals, and engineering specifications.
• Self-starter with enthusiasm and ability to work in a team environment.
• Familiarity with ISO standards, GMP, and OSHA regulations.
• New Process Development
• PFMEA Development Leader
• Process DOE development and execution
• Process Validations.
• May be required to operate company owned or leased vehicles and trucks.
• Must have safe driving record, valid driver license, and be able to pass DMV background check.
• Ability to safely operate company owned or leased vehicles on public and private roads.
OTHER REQUIREMENTS (Specialized):
• Plastics Extrusion Processing Skills:
o Vacuum Sizing Tubing processing
o Small sheet / film processing
o Downstream automation and measurement systems
• Plastics Injection Molding Processing skills
o Injection Molding Tooling Preventative Maintenance Practices
o Injection Molding Tooling Materials and Equipment
o Hot Runner Systems Specifications.
Dentsply Sirona is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, or protected Veteran status. We appreciate your interest in Dentsply Sirona.
If you need assistance with completing the online application due to a disability , please send an accommodation request to email@example.com. Please be sure to include “Accommodation Request” in the subject.
For California Residents:
We may collect the following categories of personal information in connection with the submission of your resume or application materials to us for employment, and if hired, your employment with us: identifiers (e.g., name, address, email address, birthdate); personal records (e.g., telephone number, signature, education information, criminal background information, passport number and visa information); consumer characteristics (e.g., sex, marital status, veteran status, race, disability, sexual orientation); professional or employment information (e.g., resume, cover letter, employment history, background check forms, references, certifications, transcripts and languages spoken); and inferences from personal information collected (e.g., a profile reflecting abilities and aptitudes).
The above categories of personal information are collected for the following business purposes: performing recruitment and hiring services; processing interactions and transactions (e.g., to comply with federal and state laws requiring us to maintain certain records, managing the workforce); and security (e.g., detecting security incidents, protecting against fraudulent or illegal activity).
For additional details and questions, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org