The Institute of Food and Agricultural Sciences is committed to creating an environment that affirms diversity across a variety of dimensions, including ability, class, ethnicity/race, gender identity and expression. We particularly welcome applicants who can contribute to such an environment through their scholarship, teaching, mentoring, and professional service. We strongly encourage historically underrepresented groups to apply.
If an accommodation due to a disability is needed to apply for this position, please call 352-392-2477 or the Florida Relay System at 800-955-8771 (TDD) or visit Accessibility at UF .
A postdoctoral position is available immediately to conduct research in the area of molecular biology and molecular genetics of one of the most complex RNA viruses. Specifically, our laboratory is examining the involvement of viral and host factors in the interaction of Citrus tristeza virus with its host as well as the interactions between different virus strains. Our research has been funded by the National Science Foundation, USA. The project will involve examining the interaction between a Citrus tristeza virus non-coding RNA with one of the viral proteins. A former postdoctoral researcher who worked on the project has moved to a faculty position.
- A Ph.D (or an equivalent degree) in virology or molecular biology, biochemistry or in another related field
- Strong skills in cloning and other molecular biology techniques
- Experience in RNA biology- Previous experience with confocal microscopy and/or electron microscopy
- Excellent writing and oral communication skills documented by publications in the leading scientific journals
- Good understanding of the main concepts in virology
- Must be able to carry research independently as well as work in a team and will be expected to assist undergraduate and graduate students in the lab.
Direct questions to Dr. Svetlana Folimonova (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Selected candidate will be required to provide an official transcript to the hiring department upon hire. A transcript will not be considered “official” if a designation of “Issued to Student” is visible. Degrees earned from an education institution outside of the United States are required to be evaluated by a professional credentialing service provider approved by National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES).
Hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the US. The University of Florida is a public institution and subject to all requirements under Florida Sunshine and Public Record laws.
The University of Florida is an Equal Opportunity Institution dedicated to building a broadly diverse and inclusive faculty and staff. The University and greater Gainesville community enjoy a diversity of cultural events, restaurants, year-round outdoor recreational activities, and social opportunities.