United Nations World Food Programme
Looking to hire:
Programme & Policy Officer for Latin America and the Caribbean
The World Food Programme (Panama Regional Bureau for Latin America and the Caribbean) is seeking Expressions of Interest from qualified individuals for future consultancies in the region.
To provide support to policy and programme activities that effectively meet food assistance needs.
Depending on your experience level and expertise areas, you will be involved to a greater or lesser degree in work related to, but not limited, to the following:
1. Development of a wide variety of projects, plans and processes, ensuring alignment with wider programme policies and guidance.
2. Management of projects to define programmes of considerable size/complexity, ensuring a coordinated approach that complies with WFP standards and procedures.
3. Development and coordination of data gathering and monitoring systems ensuring that rigorous quality standards are maintained.
4. Research and analysis of a range of policy and operational issues to inform the development of policies, programmes, and activities.
5. Preparation of reports on programmes and activities, enabling informed decisions and consistency of information presented to stakeholders.
6. Liaising with internal and external counterparts to ensure effective collaborations, monitoring of ongoing projects, and highlighting potential risks to project delivery.
7. Development and management of potential partnerships to collaborative work, leading to improved food assistance packages.
8. Capacity building of WFP personnel, partners, and national governments to prepare and respond to food assistance needs.
The main duties, qualifications, and professional experience required are described in Job Requisition # 124241 found at the following link:
Only those applications received at the address above and that fully meet the required qualifications will be reviewed. / Application Deadline: 27 September 2020