1. Work as full time Software Engineer in Quality, for the team.
2. Handle the quality controls and constantly move the needles up for more than 15 components.
3. Quality of the deliverables is the prime KPI/OKR of measurement for the engineer.
4. Be the first line of defense for the platform. Work with Site Reliability, Frontline, Capacity teams etc. to perform estimation, analysis, and provide guidance on keeping the platform up and running all the time.
5. Create automated scripts to monitor application health and provide key guidance.
6. Profile applications in terms of memory, CPU in peak traffic and proactively identify choke points, and suggest fault tolerance mechanisms.
7. Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision in a team to understand the business, test in various phases, provide automated functional tests, perform the release rollout and support software applications for PayPal.
8. Work with business units to crystallize business needs into product features.
9. Work with
10. Work with engineering managers, engineers to develop innovative solutions in efficient testing methodologies, that meet market needs w.r.t functionality, performance, reliability, realistic implementations schedules and adherence to development goals and principles.
11. Develop new team capabilities to ensure continued competence and relevance in supporting software development needs of PayPal's business.
12. Define and devise processes, tools and methodologies to achieve excellence in software development, testing and deployment.
13. Follow the team processes like Agile etc.
1. BE in Computer Science or Engineering and 6+ years related industry experience
2. Highly competent hands-on coding/testing experience in the following: